"ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FITNESS SUCCESS AND FITNESS FAILURE."

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Drinking Water...


Drinking water has always been a challenge for me. I’m a caffeine drinker…always have been. It’s definitely something I want to change. If I’m given the option between water, soda, milk, or juice; I’m going to pick soda every time.

I hate to admit that.

I gave soda up for a year and a half after I had my son. He was 10 months old and I came home one evening from work with a bottle of Dr. Pepper and he wanted a drink. Of course, I wouldn’t allow him to have it. At that moment I realized I needed to give soda up.

Even more I realized my son mimicked my actions. He’s three now and that hasn’t changed any.

So I gave soda up February 2013. I felt better, I slept better, my skin had a glow to it and was softer, my teeth felt better and was whiter than usual, my breath smelt better. But surely that wasn’t because of water. I mean how can water have such an effect on your body? It’s just water.

This morning I decided to research more about water and its benefits. Here are my top 5 favorites.

1). Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less.  (Source: www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com)

2). Look younger with healthier skin. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity. (Source: www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com)

3). Better exercise. Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle. (Source: www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com)

4). Relieves fatigue. Water is used by the body to flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks of water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs will be exhausted and so will you. (Source: www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com)

5). Reduce the risk of cancer. Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining. (Source: www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com)

Those are some pretty strong facts that really motivates me to drink more water. But can I do it….I don’t know. I know that I have to drink more water.

Here are my tips to drink more water…I’m going to implement these tips myself.

1). Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up in the morning. I wake up with a dry mouth every morning and instead of water I pick soda, which doesn’t help my dry mouth. Water would be a much better pick-me-up.

2). Carry a water bottle with you at all times. Take it with you to work, school, running errands, kids sporting events, waiting in a doctor’s office, no matter what the situation you can have a bottle with you.

3). Drink a glass with every meal. Instead of soda or another drink go for an ice cold glass of water.

4). Do you find yourself binge eating in the afternoon? If so, next time grab a glass of water and see if that doesn’t help.

5). Add lemon to your water. I love water with lemon.

6). Not a lemon fan? Add other fruits to your water or maybe even cucumber or herbs to your water to add flavor. I even bought a water infuser bottle from Walmart for $10.00.


7). Buy a pretty bottle. I don’t know about you but I love bottles and cups to drink out of. I find that when I do drink water form a bottle, I tend to drink more water during the day.


8). And finally make it a challenge…which is what I plan to do now! Look for tomorrow’s post (Sunday July 12, 2015).

 

Happy Drinking!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment